One of the best kept secrets in Northern Georgia
Looking for a day of fun on the water or a vacation get-a-way, Navy Lake Site Allatoona is the perfect destination. Stay, play & relax at our 52-acre recreational area, located on the shorelines of Lake Allatoona, and only 20 minutes north of Atlanta.
Lake Allatoona is situated on the Etowah River, a tributary of the Coosa River. The serene lake and peaceful surroundings offer a respite from the rush of city living. It is one of the most frequently visited Corps of Engineers lakes in the nation. More than six million visitors each year enjoy picnicking and swimming, camping, hunting, fishing, boating, and observing wildlife along the beautiful shoreline.
Since 1956, Navy MWR has proudly served members of the Armed Forces, their families, retirees and DOD personnel by providing the opportunity to rest, relax and recreate at our Navy Lake Site. Our site features all newly renovated cabins with all new furnishings and flat screen televisions in both the master bedroom and kitchen. All cabins have a covered porch with outdoor grills. Our office has games, a small store, and computers with internet and WiFi is available throughout the park. So whether you’re passing through or looking for your next vacation destination, the Navy Lake Site is the perfect place for you and your family.
- 10 Cabins that are fully furnished; equipped with full kitchens, covered decks, outside grills and free WiFi
- Twelve RV sites include electric, water, grills and picnic tables. All sites are in close proximity to the bathhouse with laundry facilities.
- We also offer several smaller Camper Cabins for your enjoyment.
- The newly renovated Eagle's Nest Lodge is a beautiful, rustic building that seats 200, has a full kitchen, private bathrooms, and a huge working fireplace. A large 35’x 63’ covered porch overlooks the lake for additional seating.
- Pavilions that seat up to 200 may be rented for group activities. Some common uses for our pavilions are family reunions, picnicking, church group outings and other events.
- Three boat docks with 94 rental slips include gasoline pumps, water and electricity hookups. One boat dock has 10 slips containing various motorized and non-motorized rental boats to include a landing area for canoes.
Conveniently located just off of I-75, the 52 acre site sits on a hillside, nestled among the Georgia pines with a panoramic view and direct access to Lake Allatoona. Navy Lake Site is close to Atlanta Motor Speedway, Turner Field, Underground Atlanta, Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain, Zoo Atlanta, Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Six Flags Over Georgia, White Water Atlanta and so much more!
Eligibility and Reservations
The following personnel are eligible to use the Navy Lake Site with valid ID: Active Duty, Retired Military, National Guard, Reservists, DOD Civilians, and sponsored guests. For reservations, call 1-770-974-6309.
166 Sandtown Rd
Cartersville, GA 30121
If you have any comments, concerns, or suggestions about our facilities or services here at Kings Bay, please call 912-573-2538 or visit our electronic survey card at www.surveymk.com/mwrkb .