Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport Logo Commander, Navy Region Southeast  |  Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation

Military Support


Welcome aboard the Naval construction Battalion Center Gulfport, MS.
"Home of the Atlantic Fleet Seabees"

Before you leave

Moving from family, friends and familiar surroundings can sometimes be frightening and somewhat stressful. Planning ahead is one way to make your move to Gulfport a little easier.

Please check in with the Household Goods/Transportation Office (In/Outbound) at the FFSC below is their address and telephone information:
Personal Property Transportation Office (FISC)
Bldg 30
Gulfport MS., 39501
Phone (228) 871-3000
Phone (DSN) 868-1000

To ensure a place for your family to stay for the first few days, it is a good idea to make reservations in advance either at the Navy Lodge or a local motel (Lodging on the Mississippi Gulf Coast).

The Navy Lodge, located in Building 328 on 1st Street on NCBC Gulfport, has 30 one-bedroom units, each with two full size beds, a fully equipped kitchen, and private bath. Those under Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders may make reservations at any time in advance by calling (228) 864-3101, 1 800 NAVY INN. Be sure to include your expected arrival date (check in by 3 - 6 p.m.). No pets are allowed, check at the front desk for Kennel information. Later arrivals can guarantee a room with a credit card.

You can get your whole family involved in your move. Let them browse this Web Site, show them maps of the area and let them help plan the trip. This can make the difference between sharing an adventure and coping with frustration.

A checklist of other items that need to be done before moving day follows: Notify post office of forwarding address.

  • Send change of address cards to magazines, credit card companies and others as needed.
  • Stop any home delivery services and settle bills. Notify utility companies.
  • Transfer insurance on car, home, etc., and check to see if personal possessions are covered during the move.
  • Notify your children's schools of the move and arrange to get or forward their school records.
  • Notify your clergyman and obtain any necessary documents of birth, baptism, etc., that you may need.
  • Get records from any private doctors or dentists whom you have been using.

Share This Page