Good Environmental Stewardship Promotes Healthy Recreation
Building: 322, Room 103
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Additional links for Environmental are located on the left under Menu.
Environmental Mission Statement
The Environmental Division at CBC, Gulfport is committed to enabling war fighter readiness in a manner that is protective of human health and the environment. This commitment extends to all activities operating onboard NCBC Gulfport. Each individual, whether military, civilian or private contractor, regardless of rank or grade, is responsible for performing their duties in a manner that protects the environment, prevents pollution and exercises proper stewardship of our natural and cultural resources.
We are committed to:
- Comprehensive environmental protection and continual environmental process improvement.
- Focusing on high impact issues.
- Early introduction of environmental protection, pollution prevention and stewardship of natural and cultural resource considerations into the planning stages of all activities.
- Meeting environmental challenges with innovation, sound stewardship and open communication.
- The success of our people and mission while maintaining full compliance with applicable Federal, State, Local, Department of Defense and Navy Laws, regulations and policies.
- Regularly scheduled self-evaluation of the effectiveness of NCBC's environmental management system to ensure that established objectives and targets are met.
- Promulgation, implementation and maintenance of NCBC's environmental policies ensuring effective communication to employees and stakeholders.
- Fostering cooperation with surrounding communities by publicizing environmental initiatives and supporting community-based environmental programs.
Oil and Hazardous substane spills shall be reported to Fire Department by dialing "911".
|Point of Contacts|
|Environmental Director||(228) 871-2026|
|Hazardous/Solid Waste/EPCRA/OHS||(228) 871-3228|
|Air/Water/EMS PM||(228) 871-2373|
|Tanks/Nat & Cult Resources/NEPA/SPCC/
|Hazardous Waste Handler||(228) 871-2720|
|Restoration IR||(228) 871-2485|
|Storm Water PM||(228) 871-2373|
|Drinking Water PM||(228) 871-2373|