- Maintain U.S. treaty obligations.
- Maintain a naval base for refueling ships.
- Maintain the fence line surrounding the base and the international shipping channel through Guantanamo Bay.
- Maintain a forward presence near the Windward Passage to the Caribbean.
- Maintain port facilities, naval airfield and staging areas on the base in support of U.S. contingency operations in the Caribbean.
- Provide logistic support to ships and aircraft conducting counter-drug operations in the Caribbean.
- Provide logistic support to Joint Task Force Operations in the Caribbean.
- Conduct steady state operations to accommodate migrants at the base.
- To conduct contingency Migrant Ops and to support migrant surge ops.
For more information that may not be included in the U.S. Naval Station Guantanamo Bay web site please contact the Public Affairs Office at 757-458-4502 or e-mail: email@example.com.