JTF-Guantanamo conducts safe and humane care and custody of detained enemy combatants. We conduct interrogation operations to collect strategic intelligence in support of the Global War on Terror. We support law enforcement and war crimes investigations. We are committed to the safety and security of American servicemembers and civilians working inside the wire.
Welcome to Joint Task Force Guantanamo, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. As a member of the Joint Task Force (JTF), you will be supporting the Global War on Terror. The JTF has a unique mission, conducting safe and humane care and custody of detained enemy combatants.
Our Nation is at war, and JTF-Guantanamo serves as an integral component of OPERATION
Enduring Freedom. We are the model organization for safe and humane enemy combatant
detention operations, and for the collection and dissemination of strategic intelligence supporting
the Global War on Terror. We operate under the watchful gaze of the Nation and the world. We
are a strategic asset operated by a highly trained and patriotic team of military and civilian professionals, dedicated to supporting our Nation’s interests in the Global War on Terror.
- LIVE the Core Values of our Services at all times.
- ALIGN with USSOUTHCOM, taking our lead from our Combatant Commander.
- TREAT the detained enemy combatants in our charge with professionalism and dignity. There is no place in Guantanamo for inhumane, abusive, or harassing behavior.
- LEVERAGE the capabilities of each Service to ensure we are staffed, trained and equipped for mission success.
- BUILD and maintain synergistic relationships with both government and nongovernment agencies and organizations to strengthen cooperation, teamwork, and unity. Recognizing that we will sometimes disagree, we will strive to never be disagreeable.
- CONDUCT transparent detention and interrogation operations in accordance with established US law and DoD guidelines, directives, and procedures.
- CHALLENGE our greatest asset - the Total Force of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guardsmen and civilians - and provide them with the opportunities and resources to achieve their personal and professional goals.
- PRACTICE good stewardship of resources entrusted to us.
- IMPROVE continuously our organizational coherence, efficiency, and alignment. Be receptive to new approaches from outside experts in the field of detention operations and management.