U.S. Army Veterinarian
Phone: 757-458-2212. After-hours emergencies: 757-443-9921 EXT. 84618.
1) Maximum of two pets per sponsor/household; no breed restrictions at this time.
2) AMC travel with pets requires that the pets have booked pet space and be on your orders. Confirmation before traveling is recommended.
3) All pets must be current on vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper combination) and be accompanied with proof of vaccination.
4) Local instruction requires an identification microchip be implanted if not already in place. We can take care of this here if needed at a nominal charge of around $25.
5) A valid health certificate for travel must accompany the pet to GTMO. This can be issued by almost any licensed veterinarian. Note that it is only valid for 10 days for air travel and must be valid for the travel dates.
6) Pets need to be registered with the vet clinic within 14 days of their arrival. Call 757-458-2212 if you have any questions.