Plan, design, execute, and direct a program of internal and external relations designed to inform and educate the military community and the general and specialized publics. This includes informing the on-base and outlying civilian communities about the organization's programs, activities, and services, as well as enhance and maintain a favorable image of Naval Support Activity Mid-South and the United States Navy in the civilian community.
What we do
- Plan, coordinate, and direct a program of public information and public relations concerning official activities and personnel of the command.
- Direct the publication of the station newspaper, welcome aboard booklet and visitors' map.
- Compile and edit news copy, public statements, and speeches.
- Initiate and prepare responses to information requests.
- Maintain the command Web presence, including this page as well as the command Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NSAMidSouth).
- Screen all news items and photographs prior to official release.
- Conduct an information program to promote good relations between the station and the community.
- Arrange for news and photographic coverage of ceremonies, public events and official visits of dignitaries.
- Serve as approving authority for all news media visiting the station.
Point Of Contact:
COM: (901) 874-5446
Public Affairs Office
Naval Support Activity Mid-South
5722 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38054-5045