|Child Development Center (Bldg. S-780)|
|(901) 874-5745||Open: Monday - Friday 5:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.|
|Closed: Saturday, Sunday and holidays|
The Child Development Center (CDC) is a nationally accredited program offering care for children of military personnel and DOD civilians by a professionally certified and trained staff. This program is recognized as setting the standard for military and civilian childcare across the nation. Children 6 weeks - 5 years old are accepted for regular weekly care, with hourly care provided on a space available/reservation basis. The Child Development Center is open to all MWR authorized patrons.
The Child Development Center is accredited by the National Association of Early Childhood Programs and must be re-accredited every three years. Navy Child Development Center strives to maintain the high quality of Child Care that this program is recognized for and endorsed by the United States Department of Defense.
Goals of the Center
- To provide a quality child development program which enhances the cognitive, physical, and social enrichment of children, in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To maintain a professional staff that is well educated in early childhood development.
- To promote staff/parent interaction with clear and concise lines of communication that supports the family unit.
Quality Assurance Inspections
Major inspections performed
- Naval Personnel Command Child Development Branch (annually/unannounced)
- Multi-Disciplinary Inspection (annually/unannounced)
- Fire Drills and Safety inspections (monthly)
- Preventive Medicine inspections (monthly)
- Inspections by CDC team members (daily)
- NAEYC, National Asssociation of Education Young Child (annually)
Professionally Trained Staff
A Training Curriculum Specialist on the CDC staff ensures caregivers and other staff members are up to date on the latest teaching techniques. This is a key element to our ability to provide an age and developmentally appropriate child development program.
All CDC site personnel receive a minimum of 48 hours of training each year in:
- CPR/First Aid
- Child Abuse ...Prevention/Reporting
- Fire and Safety Practices
- Child Development
- Health and Nutrition
- Customer Service
Staff screening includes:
- Annual Health CPR / First Aid
- Local and State background ...checks
- National Agency