EMS is the administering framework for all environmental related programs at NSA Mid-South.
EMS is required by:
- Executive Order (EO) 13423 "Strengthing Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management"
- EO 13514 "Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance"
- OPNAVINST 5090.1C "Environmental Readiness Program Manual"
EMS integrates key environmental considerations, related to the work we do at NSAMS, into day-to-day mission management decision making.
EMS manages all legal requirements for compliance, and sets internal goals for continual improvements.
Improvement programs are initiated by first setting an environmental policy, identifying organizational concerns (aspects identification) and defining what will be done to control those processes (objectives and targets).
Significant aspects identified as inherent to the processes here at NSA Mid-South are targeted for continuous improvements through:
- Increasing Solid Waste Diversion (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle)
- Increasing Energy Conservation
- Pollution Prevention