Transition Services and Resources
- TAP and TAP 2 Scheduling: Individual career counseling for mid-career, retirement, and separation
- Training Workshops (Interviewing, Salary Negotiation, and Networking
- Job Descriptions (for resume and application development)
- Career Employment Library (Resume Samples, Cover Letters, Thank You Letters, Executive Job Search, Application Development, Career Assessment, etc.)
- Career Series Books & Videos (Business Managers, Coaches & Fitness, Culinary, Entrepreneurs, Government, Internet, Manufacturing, Mechanics, Public Safety, Real Estate, Technicians, and many more)
- Job Search Skills Video Library (Resume Writing, Interviewing, Salary Negotiation, Networking)
- Customer computers with Internet and Email access
- Employment Internet links and basic search training
- Laptop computers and software for short-term checkout (software includes: Business, Computer, Education, Financial, and Language)
- Jobs & Resources Electronic Bulletin Board
- Job Announcements Binder
Pre-Discharge Separation Examination Program - This program is an opportunity for active duty personnel to process a medical compensation claim with the Veterans Administration prior to separation from active duty. For an appointment with the VA Representative, contact the Transition Coordinator at (850) 235-5587.
- Must be within 180 to 60 days of separation, discharge or retirement.
- Must volunteer to participate in the program and remain in the area until medical evaluation is complete.
- All medical issues must be documented in medical record.
- Must have official copy of medical & dental records to be turned in at time of claim.
- Must not include the following issues (unless fully documented in medical record): PTSD, Sexual Trauma, Gulf War, and Agent Orange.
- Note: The VA Representative will not discuss your claim without a copy of your medical records.
Come see your Transition Coordinator at the Fleet and Family Support Center or call (850) 235-5587.
Fleet and Family Support Center
101 Vernon Avenue
Panama City, FL 32407-7018