There is one Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC) Officer assigned to Naval Support Activity Panama City (NSA PC). He/She provides comprehensive meteorology, oceanography and environmental support to the command and all tenant activities that reside on NSA PC. The weather office also issues hazardous/ destructive weather warnings that may impact operations on the Station.
The METOC officer also serves as the Station Emergency Manager (EM). During the Atlantic Hurricane Season, which runs from 01 June to 30 November annually, hurricane awareness and preparedness becomes one of the major METOC/EM functions on Station. Through the METOC/EM, NSA PC disaster/emergency planning is coordinated with local, state, and national agencies.
NSA PC Weather Information:
* Panama City 5-Day Forecast - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecasts/FLZ012.php?zo=1
* Local Radar Loop - http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=EVX&loop=yes
* Latest Satellite Image - http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/imagery/gmex.html
Tropical Season Links:
* Hurricane Awareness Being Prepared -
* Protect Your Property - http://www.fema.gov/plan/prevent/howto/index.shtm#4
* Bay County Evacuation Zones - http://www.pcbaygis.com/Gallery/images/county_evac.pdf
* Tropical Weather Training - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/srh/jetstream/tropics/tropics_intro.htm