The Purple Heart and Disabled Veterans Equal Access Act of 2018 and John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 allows for specific veterans and caregivers access to DoD and Coast Guard installations to use exchanges, commissaries and some MWR privileges beginning January 1, 2020.
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former Prisoners of War
- Veterans with service-connected disabilities with VA certified ratings 0-90 percent
- Primary family caregivers for veterans enrolled in the VA’s Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers
- Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) displaying eligibility category OR,
- VA Health Eligibility Center Form H623A (indicating Priority Group 8E) AND,
- REAL ID-compliant driver's license or U.S. Passport
- Proof of insurance
- Vehicle Registration
- Eligibility documents from the VA
- State issued driver’s license or REALID card
- Proof of insurance
- Registration for your vehicle.
Prior to obtaining expanded privileges, patrons must complete and pass a background check. This procedure can be completed at NSA Panama City Visitor Control Center and takes on average 20 minutes to complete depending on numbers of customers and extent of background report.
Veterans with felony convictions, felony arrest warrants, or other types of derogatory information related to criminal history or terrorism will not be permitted entry.
Veterans who possess a VHIC are allowed to sponsor guests onto Navy installations. In order to so, the guests must enroll in the Defense Biometric Identification System to receive a visitor pass.
For installation access and at point of sale (i.e., NEX), caregivers will need to show an acceptable credential (e.g., REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, U.S. passport) and caregiver letter.
- Accessible NSA Panama City facilities:
- Navy Exchange*
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Equipment Rental
- Tickets & Travel
- Navy Getaways
- C-Street Café
- Main Deck Pub & Grill
- Auto Skills Center
- Navy Gateway Inns & Suites
- Child & Youth Programs
- Fitness Center & Pool
- Liberty Center
*Veterans will have full privileges minus uniform merchandise.
Veterans who do not qualify for this privilege will have full access to online exchanges and American Forces Travel.
Questions or Concerns
For assistance with documents or eligibility, visit the Veteran Affairs website
Monday -Friday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Eastern.