TRANSIENT DEPARTMENT CHECK IN STATEMENT
Welcome to the TPU. We are located in Bldg 3142, Brunton Hall, San Diego Naval Base, 32nd Street, "Dryside". We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and have an outstanding staff to take care of you while you are in a transient status.
The Front Desk will get information from you including a valid recall number and a copy of your military orders. Orders must be endorsed in order to account for time spent at TPU. If you do not reside out in town, a room will be assigned. The following working day you will be required to be within grooming standards and in the Uniform of the Day, Navy Working Uniform, to attend command indoctrination class, which will explain your duties and responsibilities while attached to TPU.
Our mission is to move you to your ultimate place of duty as quickly as possible!
You will be assigned to a workcenter during your stay at TPU. Work assignments range from various activities within TPU to the Regional Commander's Building in downtown San Diego.
San Diego has trolley access outside the "Wet" and "Dry" sides of the base for those of you who do not have a vehicle. We want you to enjoy your stay while at TPU, wherever your destination may be.
Should you have questions about TPU, feel free to call our Quarterdeck at: (619) 556-3182 or DSN 526-3182.
SEPARATION/RETIREMENT INFORMATION FOR ENLISTED
1. SEPARATION/RETIREMENT ORDER (Don't forget to get the stamp/endorsement for detaching date from last command and reporting date to TPU)
2. REQUEST TO SEPARATE MESSAGES (If required. Must have request and approval message)
3. DD FORM 2586-VERIFICATION OF MILITARY EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING(VMET)
4. ORIGINAL CONTRACT (DD 4)
5. ALL PREVIOUS DD214S (IF APPLICABLE)
6. RETIREMENT PERSONNEL: SBP FORM (DD 2656) MUST BE RECEIVED BY DFAS 45 DAYS TO APPROVE DATE (ELECTRONIC FILL IN OR TYPE), MAY NEED TO BE NOTORIZED
7. SEPARATION PHYSICAL (PART 1 and 2)
8. DENTAL MEMO OR STAMP STATING MEMBER WAS PROVIDED COMPLETE DENTAL EXAM AND ALL APPROPRIATE DENTAL SERVICES AND TREATMENT WITHIN 90 DAYS PRIOR TO SEPARATION
9. DD FORM 2648-PRESEP COUNSELING CHECKLIST (must be TYPED and WATERMARKED through MilConnect)
10. APPROVED PTDY CHIT AND ORDERS (TPU SAN DIEGO will provide)
11. APPROVED LEAVE CHIT (TPU SAN DIEGO will provide upon gain)
12. ORIGINAL MEDICAL AND DENTAL RECORDS
13. UPDATED SGLI/PAGE 2 (with SBP election statement in Remarks Section of PG 2)
14. NAVPERS 7041/112 PCS TRAVEL FORM (TPU SAN DIEGO will provide if requesting flight to HOR)
15. DD FORM 2958 INDIVIDUAL TRANSITION PLAN CHECKLIST (must be TYPED and WATERMARKED through MilConnect)
16. DECORATIONS/AWARDS LISTING (i.e. MEDALS, RIBBONS, ETC.)
17. FITREP (SEPS ONLY DATED TO END ON EAOS)
18. EARLY OUT (NEED APPROVAL OR MESSAGE)
If requiring a flight to HOR/HOS, mandatory processing time will be 14 business days.
If driving POC to HOR/HOS, mandatory processing time will be 10 business days.