All inbound Officers will report to Navy Region Southwest Transient Personnel Unit (TPU), Building 3142, first floor, east wing, Officer Processing Office, Monday through Friday from 0730 to 1600. Officers checking in after hours will check-in with the TPU Officer of the Deck, and follow-up the next working day with Officer Processing Office. There are three phases to the check-in process. For additional information please call (619) 556-3182.
Phase One - TPU Officer Processing Divsion:
•All Officers will be required to report in the Uniform of the Day, Navy Working Uniform.
•All Officers will be added into the TPU’s Tracking System.
Phase Two - Personnel Support Detachment:
•Officers awaiting further transfer to a ship underway or on deployment will be gained by PSD and scheduled for a portcall as soon as possible.
•Officers retiring or separating will be gained by PSD and will be directed to report to PSD for separation/retirement appointment. Please see below information regarding Separations/Retirement.
•Separation/Retirement processing requires 10 business days.
Phase Three – Instructions:
•All Officers will muster daily in the Executive Assistant’s Office in uniform. Muster times are Monday – Thursday, 0830 and Friday 0930.
All Officers are subject to recall for Admin Boards and/or Courts-Martial cases unless they have already executed separation leave or PTDY.
If submitting a leave chit, it will be routed through TPU's chain of command for approval regardless of prior approved leave.
•Officers not in the Separation/Retirement process will be subject to TAD assignments for gainful employment while attached to TPU.
SEPARATION/RETIREMENT INFORMATION FOR OFFICERS
Lodging requirements will be arranged by the member. For BOQ, utilize Navy Gateway Inn and Suites (NGIS) at dodlodging.net. If no rooms are available, member may book reservations through Navy Lodge or other outside hotel. Per Diem will not be issued to individuals during separation processing for lodging. PSD will change member's BAH to reflect San Diego BAH for the remainder of the member's contract to cover lodging expenses.
1. SEPARATION/RETIREMENT ORDER (Don't forget to get the stamp/endorsement for detaching date from last command and reporting date to TPU)
2. REQUEST TO SEPARATE MESSAGES (If required. Must have request and approval message)
3. DD FORM 2586-VERIFICATION OF MILITARY EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING(VMET)
4. OATH OF SERVICE FROM ORIGINAL APPOINTMENT
5. ALL PREVIOUS DD214S (IF APPLICABLE)
6. RETIREMENT PERSONNEL: SBP FORM (DD 2656) MUST BE RECEIVED BY DFAS 45 DAYS TO APPROVE DATE (ELECTRONIC FILL IN OR TYPE), MAY NEED TO BE NOTORIZED
7. SEPARATION PHYSICAL
8. DENTAL MEMO OR STAMP STATING MEMBER WAS PROVIDED COMPLETE DENTAL EXAM AND ALL APPROPRIATE DENTAL SERVICES AND TREATMENT WITHIN 90 DAYS PRIOR TO SEPARATION
9. DD FORM 2648-PRESEP COUNSELING CHECKLIST (must be TYPED and WATERMARKED through MilConnect)
10. APPROVED PTDY CHIT AND ORDERS (TPU SAN DIEGO will provide)
11. APPROVED LEAVE CHIT (TPU SAN DIEGO will provide upon gain)
12. ORIGINAL MEDICAL AND DENTAL RECORDS
13. UPDATED SGLI/PAGE 2 (with SBP election statement in Remarks Section of PG 2)
14. NAVPERS 7041/112 PCS TRAVEL FORM (TPU SAN DIEGO will provide if requesting flight to HOR)
15. DD FORM 2958 INDIVIDUAL TRANSITION PLAN CHECKLIST (must be TYPED and WATERMARKED through MilConnect)
16. DECORATIONS/AWARDS LISTING (i.e. MEDALS, RIBBONS, ETC.)
17. FITREP (SEPS ONLY)