Two DAY-Basic Rider Course:
Who: This 2-day Basic Rider Course is required for all military and civilian DOD personnel (DOD, contractors & dependents) who need a base sticker. This course should be taken on the rider's own motorcycle. This course is required before a base sticker can be issued. Active duty and DOD personnel are NOT required to take leave/vacation in order to take this course.
- Where: Naval Air Station Lemoore, Bldg 767 on Franklin Ave.
- Directions: Enter the Main gate. Go straight on Enterprise and turn left at on Franklin Ave. We are in front of the warehouse just after the vet clinic.
- When: Check the Schedule for exact dates. Please be at least 15 minutes early. If you are late, your seat may be given to a Stand By student. Exact times include: Day 1 - Classroom 0800-1300; Group "A" Rides Tues&Weds, Group " B" Thurs & Fri from 0800 till 1300.
- Attendance: Attendance is required for the entire class. Anyone showing up late, returning from a break late, or missing a day will be required to repeat this course.
- No Show: If you are unable to attend due to a conflict of schedule, please notify the Safety Office to remove you from the class. This will prevent you from having your name/command being on the "No Show List" that is forwarded to CNRSW.
- Cancellations: Anyone needing to cancel or otherwise reschedule their class, must do so within 48 hours of the class date or they will be given low priority for rescheduling.
Request Chit Required for E6 & Below: If you are E6 or below, you are required to submit a request chit BEFORE you can be confirmed for this class. Chits must be faxed to 559.998.2328 within 7 days of your initial request. After 7 days, your seat may not be guaranteed. Once your request chit is received, the confirmation letter will be emailed to you, providing all other required information has been submitted. Please see Registration for more details.
TAD Orders: All active duty must secure TAD orders from their command for the dates they are registered for and bring them to the class.
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The following PPE are required. Anyone missing any one of these items will NOT be allowed to ride: Legal DOT approved helmet; eye protection; long sleeve shirt or jacket (arms must be covered); long pants; over-the-ankle, sturdy, hard-soled boots; full-finger gloves; vest.
Motorcycles: Students should be using their own motorcycle for this course. Motorcycles MUST be in good running condition and meet all State and base vehicle code requirements, including current insurance and registration.
Driver's License/Permit: All students must have a valid driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement or motorcycle permit to participate in this class. Please note: If you are riding a motorcycle with a permit, you are not allowed to ride on the freeways. You must find an alternate route to the base.