Located in beautiful San Diego, California, Naval Base Point Loma (NBPL) is one of the most diverse and challenging Naval bases in the CNIC inventory. Consolidated under Commander Navy Region Southwest, the six installations that make up NBPL are the Naval Submarine Base; Naval Mine and Anti-submarine Warfare Command; Commander Third Fleet Headquarters complex; Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command Headquarters; SPAWAR Systems Center and Fleet Intelligence Training Command Pacific, forming a highly technical hub of naval activity.
The Naval Consolidated Brig, located at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, is also under the cognizance of NBPL. Embedded inside NBPL are Cabrillo National Park and the Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, which averages more than 1.2 million visitors annually.
Naval Base Point Loma provides support to 70 U.S. Pacific Fleet afloat and shore based tenant commands headquartered on the base.
Ships stationed on the base include:
- USS ALBUQUERQUE (SSN 706)
- USS SAN FRANCISCO (SSN 711)
- USS HELENA (SSN 725)
- USS TOPEKA (SSN 754)
- USS ASHEVILLE (SSN 758)
- USS JEFFERSON CITY (SSN 759)
- USS HAMPTON (SSN 767)
and the floating dry dock ARCO (ARDM 5).
Shore based tenant commands include:
- Commander Third Fleet
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command Headquarters
- SPAWAR Systems Center
- Naval Mine and Anti-submarine Warfare Command
- Submarine Squadron ELEVEN
- Mine Countermeasures Class Squadron Headquarters
- Mine Countermeasures Squadrons ONE, TWO, and THREE
- Commander Sealift Logistic Command Pacific
- Naval Submarine Training Center Pacific
- Tactical Training Group Pacific
- Defense Acquisition University
- Naval Recruiting District Southwest
- Joint Tactical Radio Program Office
- Naval Health Research Center
- Navy Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Department (SARD).