LEGAL ASSISTANCE DEPARTMENT
RLSO SW Legal Assistance Department supports the operational readiness of Department of the Navy Commands and Sailors in the Southwestern United States, by providing responsive, timely and accurate legal guidance regarding personal civil matters to Active Duty, Retirees and Dependents.
The general areas of law we provide assistance with are:
- Estate Planning;
- Consumer Fraud / Identity Theft / Creditor Debtor;
- Family Law / Adoption / Guardianship / Name Change;
- Landlord Tenant Law;
- Military Rights and Benefits;
- Tax Law; and
- Immigration and Naturalization.
Limitation on Services:
- Limited Scope of services: We cannot be “Counsel of Record.” While we can provide you with advice and in some instances help you with document preparation, we cannot be your attorneys of record or represent you before any court or administrative body.
- Employment Law: We cannot provide advice on employment law, with the exception of matters dealing with the USERRA (reemployment after service).
- Criminal Matters: We are prohibited from providing any substantive advice on any military or civilian criminal matter. For criminal and military administrative matters, please contact your servicing Defense Service Office: http://www.jag.navy.mil/m/DSO/west.htm.
- Private Business: We cannot assist you with matters relating to a business that you own.
- Claims against the United States or its entities. Assistance with claims can be obtained from http://www.jag.navy.mil/organization/code_15.htm.
- Advice to Commands: For advice to commands or Legal Officers please contact your servicing SJA.
Our Offices are located at:
- Naval Base San Diego (32nd Street), Bldg56, 1st Deck
(619) 556-2211/2293, DSN 526-2211/2293
- Naval Base Coronado (North Island)
Bldg 318, 2nd Deck
(619) 545-6437 / DSN 735-6437
Please visit our official site by clicking the link below for the most up-to-date information and schedule of services: http://www.jag.navy.mil/legal_services/rlso/rlso_southwest.htm