- NBVC is the largest employer in the county; more than 17,320 personnel (military, DoD civilian and contractors) work for, or are stationed on, the base.
- NBVC directly and indirectly provides another 2,700 jobs throughout the county.
- NBVC covers more than 6,000 acres in Ventura County.
- Port Hueneme features a deepwater port and 16 miles of rail line.
- Point Mugu can accommodate the largest military aircraft.
- The 13,370-acre San Nicolas Island is also part of the base as is the Sea Test range which covers 36,000 square miles.
- NBVC boasts 1,781 family housing units in Port Hueneme, Point Mugu and Camarillo.
- Another 1,762 units are available for single service members.
- NBVC is home to more than 80 military commands, with all military branches represented.
- Major tenant commands at NBVC include Commander Airborne Command and Control Logistics Wing; 31st Seabee Readiness Group, Naval Air Warfare Center-Weapons Division; Naval Surface Warfare Center, Port Hueneme Division; Naval Expeditionary Logistics Center; Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center; and the Naval Satellite Operations Center.
Data from Workforce Investment board of Ventura County, Naval Base Ventura County FY2018 Economic Impact Assessment