Driving a government vehicle or a privately-owned vehicle (POV) within NAWS China Lake gates is a privilege and requires that you follow NAWS' policies and rules for operating a vehicle while onboard the installation:
- All vehicles driven onboard Station must be properly registered and have insurance.
- The China Lake Police Department enforces all California Motor Vehicle laws.
- Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit onboard NAWS is 25 mph.
- Cell phones will not be operated by the driver of an automobile unless in “hands-free” mode.
- The Navy and the Department of Defense take motorcycle safety very seriously. Riders onboard the Station must take part in a motorcycle rider safety class. To enroll in Navy Region Southwest Motorcycle Safety Foundation classes, please visit http://www.navymotorcyclerider.com/ and select “Navy Training Registration - Powered by ESAMS” at the bottom of the screen to view a 90-day schedule. Note that you do not need to select an option for each and every step before searching. If you have problems enrolling for class, you need to contact the ESAMS help desk at (865) 693-0048 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday-Friday, or 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST on Saturdays.