Fire and Emergency Services are provided by the China Lake Federal Fire Department (CLFD) who fall under and are governed by Navy Region Southwest Federal Fire and Emergency Services.
The CLFD's mission is to prevent loss of life, injury to personnel, and damage to Government property resulting from fires and other emergencies.
All CLFD personnel are trained to meet Department of Defense fire and emergency training certifications. They also maintain appropriate medical certifications commensurate to services provided.
Aboard China Lake, CLFD provides the following services:
- Fire Fighting
- Emergency Medical Services
- Aircraft Crash and Rescue
- Weapons Testing Fire Support
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Wildland Fire Fighting
- Fire Prevention and Education
CLFD also provides mutual aid fire fighting services to Kern County Fire Department (KCFD) and the State of California when needed, as well as Federal Aviation Administration airport certification training for KCFD.
|Fire or emergency help||Dial 911|
|China Lake Police Dispatch||(760) 939-3323|
|China Lake Fire Department Office||(760) 939-2146|
|China Lake Fire Department Operations||(760) 939-4830|
China Lake Fire Prevention Chief
|Hot Works (Welding) Permit||(760) 939-2146|
|China Lake Fire Department Training||(760) 939-2148|
|Fire Warden Program||(760) 939-4620|
- NRSW Fire and Emergency Services
- National Fire Prevention Association
- United States Fire Administration for Citizens
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls and Product Safety