Updated June 23, 2021
COVID-19 cases across the region remain at a decreased level. It is imperative that all unvaccinated personnel continue to follow COVID guidelines, including social distancing and mask wearing. For the latest local statistics visit the OC Health Care Agency's COVID data center HERE.
Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach and detachments remain operational. Most MWR services are returning to normal operations, with some restrictions.
ALL individuals must have a valid military or military retiree ID card in order to access Navy installations. Previous rules allowing individuals carrying military ID cards to escort invividuals without military ID cards have been suspended. Anyone attempting base access may be asked questions about thier health and health history before being allowed onboard. Anyone with potential COVID-19 symptoms or history will be denied base access.
All unvaccinated individuals (military and civilian) are required to wear cloth face coverings. Face coverings should be conservative in appearance and not offensive.
Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Facilities Status
The following MWR facilities are currently closed:
· Barney's Beach House and surrounding beach area
· RV Park
The following MWR facilities are open in a reduced capacity:
· Fitness Center (open to all patrons, but by appointment only)
· ITT Ticket Sales (limit on number of customers inside office)
· Community Recreation (limit on number of customers inside office)
· Navy Golf Course (food/beverage services remain limited). For more details click HERE)
The following facilities and activities remain open:
· Vehicle Storage
· Fishing in Anaheim Bay (only when no ship is in port, outside of construction areas)
Navy Exchange Store
The Navy Exchange mini-mart remains open but may have limited product availability. Hours are 0700-1600, Monday-Friday. The barber shop is open toall patrons, by appointment only.
Sea-Air Federal Credit Union
Open to members. Web-based services also remain open.