Dunnage Disposal Site 3
MRP Site UXO4 (formerly Site 34c) is located in the central portion of the installation, just south of Terrier Road and occupies 1.5 acres. The site was used from 1942 until 1978 as a burial area for dunnage, as well as possibly for munitions. Numerous cases of dummy rifle-propelled grenades are rumored to have been buried in the area for erosion control. A Site Inspection was completed in 2010, and a Remedial Investigation is currently underway to delineate the nature and extent of munitions and explosives of concern.
|Location (see map)||Central portion of base|
|Contamination Source||Ordnance disposal|
|Potential Waste Types||Explosives, metals, perchlorate, VOCs, SVOCs|
|Est. Response Complete||To be determined|