Brig. Gen. Jeremy T. Sloane is the commander, 36th Wing, Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. The Wing is comprised of five groups and 17 squadrons, executing Pacific Command's Bomber Task Force, Theater Security Packages, Contingency Response Operations and peacetime and combat operations in the Indo-Pacific Region. The Wing is also tasked to ensure the successful deployment, employment and integration of air and space forces from the most forward sovereign U.S. Air Force Base in the Indo-Pacific Region. As installation commander, he is responsible for the well-being of more than 7,900 joint military and civilian personnel on Andersen AFB. Additionally, he supports Department of Defense installation management of Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands as the Deputy Commander of Joint Region Marianas.
General Sloane graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering. He earned his pilot wings at Columbus Air Force Base, Miss., in 1996 and completed the F-16 Initial Qualification Course at Luke Air Force Base, Ariz., in 1997. He has held a variety of F-16 flying assignments to include USAF Thunderbirds Operations Officer, Operations Support Squadron Commander, Deputy Operations Group Commander, Vice Wing Commander and 8th Fighter Wing Commander, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea. General Sloane has served on the Joint Staff as the Broader Middle East Division Chief, Operations Directorate (J3), and as the Vice Director of Operations for North American Aerospace Defense Command. Prior to his current assignment, the general served as the Commandant, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama.
General Sloane is a command pilot with more than 2,500 flying hours in the F-16, T-37 and T-38, including 235 combat hours in Operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, JOINT GUARD and ALLIED FORCE.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Engineering, USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (Distinguished Graduate)
2003 Master of Science, Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (with Distinction)
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, UNC Greensboro, N.C.
1. Jun 1992 - Oct 1995, Project Manager, Advanced Radiation Detection Unit, Defense Support Program, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
2. Nov 1995 - Jan 1997, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, then Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. Feb 1997 - Oct 1997, Student, F-16 Replacement Training Unit, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. Nov 1997 - Sep 2000, Chief of Plans and F-16 Flight Lead, 23d Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
5. Oct 2000 - May 2001, Chief of Plans and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 308th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. Jun 2001 - Jul 2002, Flight Commander and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 62d Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. Aug 2002 - Aug 2003, Chief, Wing Weapons and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 56th Operations Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. Sep 2003 - Oct 2004, Assistant Operations Officer and F-16 Flight Evaluator, 62d Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. Nov 2004 - Mar 2007, Operations Officer and F-16 Instructor Pilot, USAF Aerial Demonstration Squadron "Thunderbirds," Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. Apr 2007 - Jan 2008, Operations Officer, 34th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
11. Feb 2008 - Jun 2010, Commander, 388th Operations Support Squadron, and Deputy Commander, 388th Operations Group, Hill AFB, Utah
12. Jul 2010 - May 2011, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. Jun 2011 - May 2012, Operations Officer, PACOM Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. Jun 2012 - Jun 2013, Chief, Broader Middle East Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. Jul 2013 - Apr 2015, Vice Commander, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
16. May 2015 - May 2016, Commander, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
17. Jun 2016 - Jun 2017, Vice Director of Operations, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
18. Jun 2017 – July 2020, Commandant, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
19. July 2020 – Present, Commander, 36th Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. Jun 2011 - May 2012, Operations Officer, PACOM Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
2. Jun 2012 - Jul 2013, Chief, Broader Middle East Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
3. Jun 2016 - Jun 2017, Vice Director of Operations, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 2,500, with 235 combat hours
Aircraft flown: F-16 (Block 20/30/40/50), T-38 and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Republic of Korea Order of National Security Merit (Samil Medal)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1992
First Lieutenant May 27, 1994
Captain May 27, 1996
Major Jan 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sep 1, 2007
Colonel Jun 1, 2012
Brigadier General May 2, 2018
(Current as of July 2020)