SANTA RITA, Guam (March 19, 2020) – Effective Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, the following measures will be implemented at the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) Orote and all Navy Exchange (NEX) facilities located on U.S. Naval Base Guam (NBG) installations. These measures are necessary to protect those who are at a higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 and prevent local transmission of COVID-19 by limiting unnecessary personal interactions and maximizing social distancing:
- NEW COMMISSARY OPERATING HOURS: The DeCA Orote Commissary operating hours have changed to 10 a.m.–7 p.m. The change in operating hours was implemented to allow improved facility cleaning and sanitization.
- 60 YEARS AND OLDER OPERATING HOURS: From 10 a.m.-noon for the DeCA Orote Commissary and from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. for the NEX Main Store, people 60 years and older ONLY have shopping privileges
- From noon -7 p.m. for the DeCA Orote Commissary and from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. for the NEX main Store, all authorized patrons will be authorized to shop.
- For all other NEX locations, all authorized patrons will be authorized to shop during operating hours.
- PURCHASE LIMITS:
- To preserve inventory of critical public health supplies, NEX and DeCA Orote Commissary patrons will be limited to two (2) identical items of the following products per family, per day: bleach, cleaning alcohol, disinfectants sprays, hand sanitizer, hand soap, sanitizing wipes, toilet paper, and drinking water.
- To ensure equitable distribution of commercial products for all NEX and DeCA Orote Commissary patrons, shoppers will be limited to one (1) shopping cart per family. Additionally, authorized patrons are prohibited from making purchases which are excessive or unreasonably disproportionate in volume. Excessive purchasing of all products will be monitored and enforced. There will be no restock of cleaning/sanitation supplies during the day.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING ENFORCED: While inside NEX and DeCA Orote Commissary facilities, and while waiting to enter these facilities, all patrons must adhere to strict social distancing practices and remain no less than six feet away from all other persons to the greatest extent possible. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- To aid in your social distancing awareness, the DeCA Orote Commissary and NEX have placed signs and other markers on the floors and in the aisles. Other tools such as 6 floor tiles and use of shopping carts are methods to ensure proper social distancing is in place.
- SICK PATRON GUIDANCE: Patrons who are experiencing flu-like symptoms will not be permitted access to NEX and DeCA facilities. These patrons should stay at home or otherwise isolate themselves and telephonically contact appropriate medical authority.
- WAITING LINE POLICY: In order to ensure strict compliance with established social distancing standards, it is possible that patrons will experience waiting lines outside of DeCA Orote Commissary and all NEX stores. Patrons should be prepared for this experience.
- Waiting lines for entrance into all NEX and DeCA Orote Commissary facilities are subject to closure forty five (45) minutes prior to regular store closing.
- FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS: All food establishments on NBG will be take out or drive thru only.
The NEX and Commissary are open to all authorized patrons on Saturday and Sunday.
The DeCA Orote Commissary is open daily, except Tuesday, from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. The NEX is open 7 days a week.
Hours of operation for NEX facilities are as follows:
- Main Store: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. (Sat), 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (Sun)
- Home Center: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. (Sat), 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (Sun)
- Home Gallery: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. (Sat-Sun)
- Main Base Minimart/Gas Station: 5:30 a.m.-10 p.m. (Sat-Sun)
- Car Care Center: Retail 7 a.m.-6 p.m. (Sat), 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (Sun); Service 7 a.m.-5 p.m. (Sat), 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Sun)
- Apra View Mini Mart: 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m. (Sat), 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (Sun), NOTE: Non-residents may shop at the Apra View Mini Mart location on Saturday and Sunday.
- NCTS Mini Mart: 7 a.m.-8 p.m. (Sat), 7 a.m.-6 p.m. (Sun)
- NCTS Autoport: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Sat-Sun)
- Naval Hospital Mini Mart: 7 a.m.-9 p.m. (Sat-Sun); Package Store 7 a.m.-9 p.m. (Sat-Sun)
- Naval Hospital Auto Port: Retail 7 a.m.-8 p.m. (Sat), 9 a.m.-8 p.m. (Sun); Service Center Closed on Sat and Sun
- Polaris Point Mini Mart: 7:30-12:30 p.m. (Sat), Closed on Sun
All NBG facilities/services are subject to closure or modifications without advanced notice. Personnel and patrons are encouraged to monitor NBG social media for updates.
On March 16, NBG Commanding Officer Capt. Jeffrey Grimes signed a Declaration of Public Health Emergency in response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) to implement additional mitigation procedures to help combat the spread of COVID-19. In addition to this declaration, NBG is in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Bravo effective March 17.