ASAN, Guam (Feb. 21, 2020) – The U.S. Navy will conduct airdrop operations training at North Field in Tinian, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands from midnight to 11:59 p.m. Feb. 24-29. Residents in surrounding areas should not be alarmed if they see or hear increased activity associated with the training.
The U.S. Army will conduct field training exercises in Radio Barrigada from 4 a.m. to 11:55 p.m. Feb. 24. Residents in surrounding areas should be aware that blank ammunition will be used in association with this training, and should not be alarmed if they see or hear increased activity.
As part of 2020 Cope North exercises military units will conduct training at the island of Farallon de Medinilla and Warning Area 13 during the following dates and times:
· Feb. 24 and 26 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· Feb. 25 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· Feb. 27 from 1 – 7 p.m.
· Feb. 28 from noon – 5 p.m.
For the duration of the exercise the general public, fishermen, and marine tour operators are advised to remain clear 12 nautical miles from these areas and monitor the U.S. Coast Guard broadcast Notice to Mariners for advisories.
Additionally, Cope North units will hold search-and-rescue training in the open ocean off the east coast of Saipan from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 25. The general public, fishermen, and marine tour operators are advised to remain clear 5 nautical miles from the following coordinates: 15˚10''N/146˚03''W while the training is conducted.
The U.S. Coast Guard will conduct training during the following dates, times, and areas:
· Feb. 25 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Warning Area 517
· Feb. 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Open Ocean at the following coordinates: 13˚20''N/144˚27''E
Vessels are advised to stay clear of the stated area and coordinates for the duration of the exercises and to monitor the U.S. Coast Guard broadcast Notice to Mariners for advisories.
Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 25 will hold training during the following dates, times, and areas:
· Feb. 25-26 from 6:30 – 11:30 p.m. – Open Ocean at the following coordinates: 13˚26''N/145˚08''E, 13˚42''N/144˚36''E
· Feb. 25 from 7 – 9 p.m. – Radio Barrigada
· Feb. 26 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. – Dandan-Malojloj, Inarajan; Radio Barrigada, Barrigada and South Finegayan, Dededo
· Feb. 26 from 6 – 11:55 p.m. – Agat Bay, Outer Apra Harbor and in the waters off the west coast of Guam
These types of trainings are designed to enhance the readiness of military personnel. Mariners and residents in surrounding areas should not be alarmed if they see or hear increased activity associated with the training.
These trainings support readiness and are critical to developing the skills needed to respond to operational missions throughout the region to ensure a stable, free, and open Indo-Pacific.