CACO TRAINING INFO:
Training is good for 3 years. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for latest
info dates and locations. Online CACO refresher link below.
In case of death of a Service Member, Dependent, DOD CIV or Civilian CTR
and/or Serious Injury to a service member:
1. Please send advance email about casualty to Regional Watch:
ROC.NDW.email@example.com ; Lou.firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
2. Send PCR with attached PG2/DD93 and SGLI documents also state location
of remains in PCR comments section:
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars may be paid in benefits therefore these
benefit forms must be signed by the member (digital or inkpen).
- PCR Link << dcsd.hrc.army.mil/pcr >> Must Verify Receipt of PCR by
NPC/PERS-00C, call: 1-800-368-3202 After Hours (901)592-7524
3. 24hr CACO Support: Regional Operations Center 202-433-5180
4. CACO Support: Lou Montoya
202-369-6419 Office Cell/Text
5. For DEATH BENEFITS Assistance and VSI: Roni Shields
6. REPORT DEPENDENT DEATH VIA PCR and call Family SGLI and Traumatic Injury
SGLI 901-874-6662 Office
7. Mortuary Affairs Needs to know the location of the remains, Call Duty
Mortician 901-619-8157, TOLL FREE: 1-866-787-0081.
8. Othe CACO Resources:
VA SGLI Claim Form: Need Death Certificate to apply
9. CACO Online Refresher via SIMmersions training in JKO.
These courses are designed specifically for those personnel who work either
in the Service Casualty Offices or for those assigned Casualty Assistance
Calls Officer (CACO) duties. If you have been assigned CACO duties and have
completed the required Navy training, then you meet this requirement.
You will need to create a JKO account prior to enrollment in the course and
request enrollment. This can be done at the below site. Ensure to select
Branch of Service as Navy.
POC on this training is firstname.lastname@example.org, please email him for access
to CACO SIMmersion training.
The Course Numbers and titles:
OSD-SIMM01- Casualty Notification Training
OSD-SIMM02- Casualty Assistance First Visit Training
OSD-SIMM03- Casualty Assistance Benefits and Entitlement Training
10. NEW! Casualty Assistance Calls Program Instruction (CNICINST 1770.2B)
iCACO Training - Course Materials
1. Read Ahead: These are fast reads, specially the travel ones are almost identical. Notice the differences between them.
2. In Class Reference/Real World future use. These docs make up the "CACO Binder" needed in case of a death.