Pre-registration is recommended. Applicants who pre-register will have their qualifications reviewed in advance and will receive priority in interviewing. Pre-register here and email your resume for screening.
All candidates must:
- Be a US citizen at least 18 years of age
- Be eligible for a Secret national security clearance based on a background investigation to include credit check.
- Pass a physical agility test
- Read, write and speak English fluently
NDW Police Officers execute region and installation law enforcement, force protection, physical security, and antiterrorism missions. Officer training emphasizes tactics, techniques, and procedures to deter, detect, delay, and defend against terrorism to protect life and property. Selectees will receive law enforcement training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA.
- Patuxent River, MD – All qualified persons will be considered
- Dahlgren, VA – All qualified persons will be considered
- Indian Head, MD – All qualified persons will be considered
- Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling – Current and former federal employees and veterans may be considered
- Washington Navy Yard, DC - Current and former federal employees and veterans may be considered.
NDW Dispatchers are dedicated Public Safety Telecommunicators, trained in the proper use of communications equipment, including telephone, radio, and other electrical or electronic alarm signal receiving systems. Daily operations include alarm monitoring; call taking; and Law Enforcement, Fire and Emergency Services, and Emergency Medical Services dispatch.
Location: Washington Navy Yard, DC
Who may apply: All qualified persons
About Naval District Washington:
Naval District Washington (NDW) is headquartered at the Washington Navy Yard. NDW’s area of operations includes the District of Columbia; Virginia counties of Arlington, Caroline, Fairfax, Fauquier, King George, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Westmoreland; Maryland counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George, and St. Mary’s; the City of Baltimore; and Bloodsworth Island. NDW’s operational mission includes fire and emergency services, port and air operations, antiterrorism and force protection, security and law enforcement, safety and occupational health, exercises and training, dispatch, emergency management, emergency preparedness, and joint operations in support of NDW’s six installations: Naval Air Station Patuxent River; Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling; and Naval Support Activities Annapolis, Bethesda, South Potomac (Indian Head and Dahlgren), and Washington. More information about NDW can be found on our website or our Facebook page.
In addition to the full suite of federal benefits, we also offer:
- Free parking at all of our locations
- Access to Installation fitness centers and recreational facilities
- Access to on-site child development centers (a waiting list for child care is likely)
- Eligibility for civilian Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) – such as discounted tickets for amusement parks, concerts and travel
- Robust supervisory and leadership training and professional development to enhance your skills and your career.