PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT (PWD)
370 Brookley Ave. SW
Washington, D.C. 20032-7711
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Public Works Department (PWD) at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) provides facilities maintenance, repair, design, construction and planning support to the Installation Commanding Officer (ICO) and Mission Partners. PWD also provides and manages the utilities distribution systems and billing for several facilities. PWD uses an in-house skilled civilian workforce and various contractors to complete required work. PWD has no involvement with maintenance, repair, renovation or condition of privatized housing units or systems within the JBAB fence line.
PWD is supported in this effort by each Mission Partner’s Building Manager (BM) who is assigned by their leadership to act as the liaison for the planning, design, maintenance and repair of their facilities. The Public Works Officer (PWO) is responsible for the oversight of all PWD functions to include the Building Manager Program. PWD is committed to the successful support of each Building Manager in their endeavor to provide a safe, efficient and functional working environment for their command.
PWD JBAB (J4) is responsible for projects and services delivery, customer interface, project execution, and performance assessment. Primary functions include:
1. Facilities Management Division (FMD): The mission of FMD is to receive and address Mission Partner’s facility requirements, identify and prioritize recurring CNIC-managed facilities requirements, plan, assign, and coordinate the execution of work, and manage real property assets to include space management and real estate coordination. The FMD is the PWD front door and primary liaison with PWD customers for requirements and projects.
2. Production Division: The Production Division is responsible for the in-house workforce execution of assigned facilities maintenance and repair, operation of utilities, energy management, and the management of base support vehicle equipment.
3. Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD): The FEAD is responsible for acquisition planning and contract administration of construction and service contracts from design to delivery. This division has design management, construction management, and contracting resources to execute assigned facilities service and construction contracts.
4. Environmental Division: The Environmental Division is responsible for environmental compliance, planning, conservation (natural and cultural resources), and the delivery of environmental guidance and services to support the safe and legal execution of Mission Partners’ mission.
Authorized Caller List (ACL)
It is important that only the Building Manager call in Service Calls in order for both PWD and the Supported Command to properly track and process work. For this reason only Service Calls from personnel identified on the ACL will be processed by PWD. In addition, Customer Request 1 (CR1) forms shall be completed only by assigned BMs.
• Call Center Phone Number: (202) 767-4442/4443
• Only designated Building Managers can call in a service request
• A service request is anything that can be completed under a value of $2500 and 32 man-hours of labor
• Call Center can be contacted by anyone for Emergency service
• Emergencies will be responded to within 2 hours
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT JBAB (J4) PHONE DIRECTORY
Public Works Officer 202-767-5565
Deputy Public Works Officer 202-767-5566
Administrative Officer 202-767-8624
Facilities Management Division 202-767-4407
Production Officer 202-767-5567
Environmental Division 202-404-8204
Transportation Department 202-685-1739