Check out the NAS Patuxent River Installation Guide as well as the other links on this website to find out what you and your family need to know to get settled in at new assignment.
If there is something missing, you may find it on or message us at the NAS Facebook Page: NASPaxRiver.
Newcomer/Prospective Gain Documents
Check out the following docments for information on Pax River and resorces availble to prospective gains to the command
Transportation from airport
Arrivals via commercial air land at one of three airports in the Washington, D.C., and Baltimore areas:
- Reagan National Airport (Washington, D.C., area)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (Washington, D.C., area)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) (Baltimore area)
Because of our rural location, public transportation between NAS Patuxent River and the airports is very limited. Taxi service is available, but may cost more than $100 from any airport to the air station.
You will want to have either a major credit card or enough cash on hand to spend the night in a hotel or to rent a car.
To be reimbursed for taxi fares or rental car fees, orders must state: “Authorized to utilize taxi or rental car from airport to ultimate destination.”
Coordinating your arrival with your sponsor or the Command Duty Office may help prevent transportation problems. Find your Command Duty Office number.
Some links of interest you can find on our website include:
- Command POCs for Inbound Sailors
- Command Ombudsman
- Housing and Lodging
- School Liaison Officer
- Tenant Commands
- Visitor Information (includes the installation guide and base access information)
Things to do
See what's happening through these community calendars:
- Navy MWR Patuxent River
- St. Mary's County calendar of events
- St. Mary's County tourism
- Calvert County calendar of events
- Charles County calendar of events
Our neighboring counties