Per CNIC Instruction 5530.14A, permanently assigned personnel operating a motorized vehicle on NAS Patuxent River are required to register their vehicle at the installation Pass and ID office, located outside of NAS Pax River's Gate 2, and show proof the vehicle is in compliance with the state requirements for vehicle registration to include emissions testing. Vehicles registered outside the jurisdiction shall have a valid certificate of compliance from the state or local vehicle inspection program requiring emissions testing. Vehicles registered in the jurisdiction shall have a valid certificate of compliance and registration.
Additionally, the following are required for all vehicles that are operated on NAS Patuxent River:
1) Proof of motor vehicle ownership and state registration. Valid state registration plates must appear on all vehicles.
2) A valid state driver’s license.
3) A valid base identification card or Common Access Card.
4) Certification of current motor vehicle liability insurance in an amount that meets the minimum limits prescribed by the Financial Responsibility Law of the state of Maryland.
5) Permission for vehicle search upon request by proper authority.
6) Familiarization with NASPAXRIVINST 5560.2, Administration of Traffic Regulations.
7) Rental vehicle drivers must carry a rental agreement in the rental vehicle.
8) Sailors operating a motorcycle or scooter must have proof of completion of a motorcycle safety course that meets the requirements established by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and wear the require gear.