With the consolidation, integration and collocation that has occurred since the 1990s, Pax River now hosts the headquarters for both Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) and Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD). These two entities provide the full spectrum of acquisition management, research and development capabilities, air and ground test and evaluation, aircraft logistics and maintenance management.
This distinctive synergy supports land-based and maritime aircraft and engineering, T&E, integration, and life cycle support for ship/shore electronics. These combined capabilities are unique within the Department of Defense and ensure NAS Patuxent River’s status as an aviation leader working effectively to continue progress through the 21st century.
Other Major Tenants:
- Defense Logistics Agency Document Services
- Fifth Coast Guard District
- Marine Aviation Detachment
- Fleet Weather Center-Norfolk Forecast Component Patuxent River
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Washington
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service Regional Office
- Naval Health Clinic Patuxent River
- Naval Supply Systems Command Fleet Logistics Center (NAVSUP FLC) Norfolk, Detachment Patuxent River
- Navy Munitions Command CONUS East Division Detachment Patuxent
- Commander Fleet Readiness Centers
- Naval Test Wing Atlantic
- U.S. Naval Test Pilot School