With the consolidation, integration and collocation that has occurred since the 1990s, Pax River now hosts the headquarters for both Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) and Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD). These two entities provide the full spectrum of acquisition management, research and development capabilities, air and ground test and evaluation, aircraft logistics and maintenance management.
This distinctive synergy supports land-based and maritime aircraft and engineering, T&E, integration, and life cycle support for ship/shore electronics. These combined capabilities are unique within the Department of Defense and ensure NAS Patuxent River’s status as an aviation leader working effectively to continue progress through the 21st century.
To develop, deliver, and sustain Navy and Marine Corps aircraft, weapons, and systems used by our Sailors and Marines to achieve mission success. We embrace the privilege of this awesome responsibility in partnership with industry, all Naval Aviation stakeholders and our fellow Systems Commands. Visit the NAVAIR website here.
To be the Navy’s principal research, development, test, evaluation (RDT&E) engineering and fleet support activity for naval aircraft, engines, avionics, aircraft support systems and ship/shore/air operations. Visit the NAWCAD website here.
Other Major Tenants:
- Defense Logistics Agency Document Services
- Fifth Coast Guard District
- Marine Aviation Detachment
- Fleet Weather Center-Norfolk Forecast Component Patuxent River
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Washington
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service Regional Office
- Naval Health Clinic Patuxent River
- Naval Supply Systems Command Fleet Logistics Center (NAVSUP FLC) Norfolk, Detachment Patuxent River
- Navy Munitions Command CONUS East Division Detachment Patuxent