FOR 2020 HOLIDAY GATE HOURS: Click here
CURRENT GATE OPERATIONS* ADVISORIES
24NOV20: The "Trusted Traveler" program for accessing NSA Bethesda is suspended effective Saturday, November 21, 2020. The following changes are in effect:
- ALL NSA Bethesda drivers and passengers without Department of Defense-issued identification MUST be vetted at Gate 5 in the Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVI) lanes. This gate, located off Jones Bridge Road, is open Mon-Fri from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. To complete the vetting process, sentries will require a valid form of government issued ID, including a valid driver's license. For access outside of normal weekday operating hours, use Gate 1. During normal weekday hours, the Pass and ID Office at Gate 1 is only processing DBIDS registration. With current mission requirements, including patient care, this is the best way to prevent vehicle back-ups while waiting to be vetted.
- Contractors who have DBIDS credentials with escort privileges will have those privileges discontinued until further notice.
16NOV20: COVID-19 TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Effective Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2020, all COVID-19 testing patients should enter through Gate 1 (North Gate) and follow signage/instructions to access the testing location.
30OCT20: Until further notice, visitors and personnel who require vetting will require a DoD CAC-holder escort to access the installation.
13OCT20: The following gate hours are in effect beginning Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020. Please read carefully for full changes impacting pedestrian, bicycle, and vehicle access. Please bookmark this page (https://cnic.navy.mil/NSABGateInfo) and continue following us on Facebook for traffic and gate operations updates.
- VEHICLES -
GATE 1 - Open 24/7.
GATE 2 - Open Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. to inbound & outbound traffic.
GATE 3 (NEX) - Open 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, for inbound and outbound traffic.
GATE 4 - Remains closed.
GATE 5 (USU):
- Regular traffic lanes: DoD ID card holders only. Open Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. to inbound & outbound.
- Commercial Vehicle Inspections (CVI) lane: Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m., commercial traffic and non-DoD affiliated visitors needing access should proceed to the CVI Lane at Gate 5 for vetting.
- PEDESTRIANS AND BICYCLES -
GATE 1 - Open 24/7.
- Turnstiles - Open 24/7
- ADA Gate - Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. ADA pedestrians may access the installation via Gate 1.
- ADA Gate - Weekends - Closed
GATE 3 (NEX) - Open 5 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, inbound and outbound for pedestrians and bicyclists.
GATE 4 - Remains closed.
GATE 5 (USU) - Open 5 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Closed on weekends.
PASS AND ID OPERATIONS
On Monday, March 23, the Pass and ID Office at Gate 1 reduced their regular services to processing Foreign National access, DBIDS applications, and vehicle registrations.
***VISITOR ACCESS – INCLUDING PATIENT VISITORS***
VISITORS IN PERSONAL VEHICLES: Visitors traveling by personal vehicle who need installation access, including Patient Visitors, should proceed directly to Gate 5, the Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVI) gate. There, they will be directed to the left lane of the Gate 5 CVI area for screening and installation access. Gate 5 is open Monday through Friday during normal operating hours.
VISITORS ENTERING WITHOUT A VEHICLE: Pedestrian visitors, including Patient Visitors, who intend to enter the installation without a vehicle, may still use Pass and ID at Gate 1.
For safety, additional guidelines have been implemented at Pass and ID:
- Only four customers at a time will be allowed in the Pass and ID building.
- Masks are required.
- Social distancing of six feet is required.
- All personnel entering Pass and ID will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
Drivers and pedestrians with existing access to the installation may still use Gates 1, 2, or 5.
Requests for access may still be submitted in advance. Access requests take at least 72 hours to process.
Questions about access can be directed to the Pass and ID Office (Bldg. 102) by calling 301-295-4607.
Pass & ID will be open to process vehicle registration, DBIDS, foreign national access requests and pedestrian access.
All non-DoD personnel without official identification (CAC, DBIDS, etc.) or a DoD ID cardholder sponsor traveling by personal vehicle should proceed to Gate 5 (USU Gate) for vetting.
All vehicles coming onto NSA Bethesda are subject to inspection.
Employees, patients, and visitors should expect and plan for possible delays when accessing the installation.
*Gate hours are current as of Oct. 13, 2020, but gate operations may change at any time. For information, updates, and temporary changes in real time, follow us on social media (@NSABethesda on Facebook and Twitter).