Naval Dosimetry Center's Mission is to:
- Provide the highest quality centralized processing and consultation for dosimetry for the U.S. Navy’s nuclear-powered fleet and naval commands worldwide.
- Maintain an exceptional repository of radiation exposure history information to ensure accuracy in lifetime exposure and assist in adjudication of radiation injury claims.
- Operate a facility for determining internal radioactivity, conduct technical research in dosimetry, and support radioepidemiology studies.
- Secure the absolute best next generation dosimetry system in order to continuously improve upon an outstanding legacy of radiation safety for its customers.
Naval Dosimetry Center's Vision is to be a world-class high reliability center of excellence second to none in accuracy, quality, timeliness, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
Naval Dosimetry Center's Values mean:
- The pursuit of excellence is fundamental and never ending.
- We will be responsive and accountable to our customers.
- We will be relentless in monitoring, process improvements, and developing solutions.
- We emphasize and embody professionalism, effectiveness, efficiency, innovation, integrity, teamwork, communication, resiliency, and commitment.
Telephone number: 301-295-0142
Location: Bldg. 84T