Naval Support Activity South Potomac (NSASP) was established Nov. 3, 2005 as a component of Naval District Washington with a mission to provide shore installation management services for Naval Support Facility (NSF) Indian Head and Naval Support Facility Dahlgren, Va.
Shore installation management functions (now under NSASP authority) encompass all land, buildings, and support services. As the host installation command, Naval Support Activity South Potomac provides base management functions for all supported commands, tenant activities and residents located on board NSASP installations, to include the following:
- Personnel Support,Quality of Life - Morale, Welfare & Recreation facilities and services; Dependent Child Care
- Facility Support/Public Works
- Public Safety - Physical Security, Law Enforcement, Fire Department
- Environmental Protection and Waste Management
- Supply - Materials Management, Property Disposal and Warehousing
- Public Affairs