Naval Support Facility Dahlgren Logo Naval Support Activity South Potomac  |  Naval Support Facility Dahlgren
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation

Relocation Assistance

(540) 653-1839 | (800) 500-4947

We live a mobile lifestyle in the military. Every few years we receive “Orders” to a new location, which means we have to pack up and move. Moving is stressful even for the most experienced mover. Let us assist you in making your move as smooth as possible. We offer many programs at the Fleet and Family Support Center. Some of the programs we offer for Relocation are:

Smooth Move

Moving with Children

Moving with Exceptional Family Members (EFM Program)

Moving Overseas

Sponsor Training

New Spouse Orientation

Loan Locker

For more information or to schedule an appointment or a class, please call the Fleet and Family Support Center at 540-653-1839.

You are about to embark on a very interesting tour in one of the best shore duty stations in the Navy.  Naval Support Facility Dahlgren and our tenant commands continue to evolve and expand to include numerous scientific and response-force missions serving all branches of the United States armed forces. In addition to its military value, NSF Dahlgren makes a significant economic contribution to the local community.

Here you will find all the information needed to make your move to Dahlgren a smooth one.  For newcomers arriving during duty hours, military personnel should report to their command for in processing directions and guidance.

Single or unaccompanied military will be assigned billeting quarters at the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites, Bldg 960.  Military members accompanied by their families should be escorted to temporary lodging and Base Housing and then to Command for reporting and in processing.

If you report to Dahlgren after duty hours or on holidays and weekends, check in with the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites Registration Desk, Bldg 960.  The next day of business, you should report to your Command to begin in processing.

Incoming personnel should have a copy of their orders, any leave forms, copies of travel receipts, copies of any travel advances, military ID cards, drivers license, and auto insurance information.  Families with school age children should have their birth certificates, immunization records, social security cards, and current physical certification.

And here's an additional tip:  If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them.  The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

The Fleet and Family Service Center’s Relocation Office provides loan locker hospitality kits, utility items and futon mattresses for checkout by military personnel and their families arriving at Dahlgren in advance of their personal property household goods.

This service is provided at no cost to our military members under PCS orders.

Inventory consists of futon mattresses and linens, dish kits with pots and pans, dishes and silverware, cribs and highchairs and small folding tables and chairs. Loan locker items may be checked out on a short-term first-come, first-served basis.

Contact the FFSC Relocation Office for more information at (800) 500-4947.



Share This Page