Located in Arlington, Va., NSF Arlington has several administrative buildings as well as four Navy flag housing units on 17.73 acres of land. NSF Arlington is located within the Penrose neighborhood of Arlington County and bounded to the northeast by Henderson Hall and the Arlington National Cemetery.
The installation was originally the Naval Radio Station in 1911, serving as the Navy’s central radio station for communication with fleet commanders. Today, the installation houses predominantly administrative functions. One of the largest tenants is Chief of Naval Personnel. CNP is responsible for the overall manpower readiness of the United States Navy and the conglomerate serves as the single resource for all strategy and resource policies concerning manpower and training program matters. The CNP also serves as one of the five Deputy Chiefs of Naval Operations.
Stay connected on Social Media: