PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT
AUTHORITY: 10 U.S.C. 5013, Secretary of the Navy; 10 U.S.C. 5041, Headquarters, Marine Corp
PURPOSE: To track the reservation and usage of parks to individuals for the purpose of special events.
ROUTINE USES: In addition to those disclosures generally permitted under 5 U.S.C. 552a(b) of the Privacy Act, these records or information contained therein may specifically be disclosed outside the DoD as a routine use pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a(b)(3) as follows: The DoD 'Blanket Routine Uses' that appear at the beginning of the Navy's compilation of systems notices apply to this system.
DISCLOSURE: Voluntary. However, failure to provide the requested information may cause lengthy delays and/or the inability to complete the request.
On this page personnel can request the reservation of Dahlgren and Willard Parks for special events at the Washington Navy Yard. Please fill in all of the information below and click "submit" to send your request.
Guidelines for planning:
1. For information regarding vetting and gate access for non-DoD personnel, please visit our Gate Access page.
2. If your command will be using a grill, contact the Fire Inspector at (202) 685-0212 for approval and to ensure requirements are met. Grills can be rented from MWR at JBAB at (202) 433-2636/202-767-9136
3. Parking Requests can be made (at least 1 week in advance) by visiting the Parking Request Form page.
4. Tents and benches can be arranged through MWR or the Catering and Conference Center and additionally need to be approved by NSAW
5. For events requesting to serve alcohol, a signed request on command letterhead will be required stating the following:
"Request permission to serve alcohol on ____DATE____ onboard the Washington Navy Yard.
(organization name) shall ensure that non-alcoholic beverages are also served and are readily available. (organization name) will ensure that appropriate controls are in effect to promote the responsible drinking of alcoholic beverages, and the use of designated drivers or other arrangements to prevent impaired driving.
The consumption of alcoholic beverages by duty personnel is not authorized. (organization name) will ensure compliance with the state of Virginia laws, which prohibit the consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under the age of 21."
Please note: Events held in the Navy Museum or Cold War Gallery are coordinated through the Naval History and Heritage Command.
All form fields below marked with an asterisk are required. Any required fields left blank may result in a delayed or denied request to reserve the park.