COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES:
(Updated May 11, 2021)
For the health and safety of our tenants, residents, visitors and staff, NSAW has modified the health and fitness services available on its fence lines. The most current operations information is as follows:
- Washington Navy Yard fitness center is open M-F, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. for all eligible patrons, by appointment only. Please arrive ready to exercise, and depart immediately after finishing. Locker rooms and showers are available by reservation only. Towel service and group fitness remain suspended.
Full details and scheduling are available at https://www.navymwrwashington.com/covid-19.
- Washington Navy Yard tennis and basketball courts are CLOSED.
- NSF Naval Research Laboratory unmanned fitness center is CLOSED.
- NSF Arlington unmanned fitness center is open for active-duty personnel, with limited service, M-F from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- NSF U.S. Naval Observatory unmanned fitness center is open for active-duty personnel, with limited service, M-F from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Physical distancing and sanitation procedures are in place. Patrons are also required to wear a face covering unless they are actively using cardio equipment. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your support in keeping our community healthy and safe!
MWR Fitness & Sports Program
Fitness centers are free to active duty military, reservists, retirees, family members, and DoD civilians assigned to Naval Support Activity Washington and its tenant commands. Contractors are required to pay a monthly or yearly membership fee.
The Fitness & Sports Program offers several fitness centers and ongoing fitness and wellness services to meet the needs of the NSAW community. Fitness and wellness programs are available at each installation.
Washington Navy Yard Fitness Center
Hours of Operations:
Mon-Fri 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
(Indoor tennis court and basketball court)
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Court Reservations by request; please call (202) 433-2829/2282
Fitness Programs & Services:
• Individual personal training
• Group personal training
• Group exercise classes
• Monthly fitness incentive events
• Annual 10lb challenge
• Spring into fitness
Unmanned Fitness Center
Naval Research Lab Unmanned Fitness Center
Naval Research Laboratory, Bldg. 52
Hours: Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Yoga Classes on Mondays & Wednesdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Naval Support Facility Arlington Unmanned Fitness Center
Naval Support Facility Arlington, Bldg. 12
Hours: Open 24/7
U.S. Naval Observatory Unmanned Fitness Center
Naval Support Facility US Naval Observatory, Bldg. 56
Hours: Open 24/7
For questions/concerns regarding the Unmanned Fitness Centers please contact the Naval Support Activity Washington MWR Fitness Director at (202) 433-6666
Captain’s Cup Sports Program
Sports programs are designed to increase physical endurance, promote fitness, and build camaraderie among work units and friends. There are individual and team sports programs available to all eligible participants. The MWR Sports Office is located on the Washington Navy Yard in the Fitness Center, Building 22. For any questions about upcoming sports programs, call 202-433-2282. NSAW offers Captain’s Cup events, including:
• Flag Football
• Corn hole
• Ultimate frisbee