With the seasons changing and adverse weather on the way, it’s important to ensure you are aware of the many resources available to you. AtHoc Notification System will alert you about bad to severe weather in the area as well as other situations that could affect you. You can select various modes of being notified. With the long weekend and the possible residual storm, there’s no better time than now to confirm you’ll receive these alerts on devices you can access while out of the office or traveling.
AtHoc messages can be sent to up to three different devices: home and cell phone, TTY/TDD phone, personal and work emails. Messages provide official updates on base delays and early departures, as well as other notifications that may affect the base.
Anyone, including government contractors, can sign up to receive messages.
Register & update contact options:
1) From your NMCI computer, right click on the purple globe located on the bottom right of the screen followed by left clicking “Access Self Service” and follow the instructions:
NMCI and One Net users—Right-click on the Purple Globe icon (bottom right corner on desktop).
- Select “Access Self Service.”
- Select the “My Info” tab and update your Last Name, First Name, and Display Name and save.
- Select the “Devices” tab and enter your work and personal contact information in the appropriate mandatory and optional device fields. (Note: Your ability to receive alerts on home phones, cellular phones, pagers, and email addresses, depend upon information entered into the mandatory and optional device fields.)
- Update your profile any time you have a change.
If you encounter any technical issues when setting up or updating AtHoc Alerts, please contact the NMCI helpdesk to resolve the issue.
Visit Ready Navy for more information on what to do in the event of an emergency.