The NDW’s Special Observance Committee will be hosting a poster contest in support of African American/ Black History Month. This will give everyone an opportunity to participate in the annual celebration of achievements attained by African Americans, and to recognizing the central role they have played in U.S. history. We are encouraging everyone to participate! Please see below for rules to participate in the contest:
POSTER CONTEST RULES
THE THEME FOR THE CONTEST IS: “Hallowed Ground: Sites of African American Memory”
1. Posters can be no larger than 11 inches x 14 inches.
2. All entries must be submitted with a separate title page indicating the employees name, email, phone number and department. This page must be affixed to the back of the poster.
3. Posters must be original.
4. Create a poster inspired by this year’s theme, “Hallowed Ground: Sites of African American Memory”
5. Poster will be evaluated on three criteria: Theme; Visual impact; creativity.
6. Entries must be suitable for display in a public place.
7. Entries become the property of NDW and by entering the contest, the participants gives permission to the NDW to publish the material submitted; however, the participants retains the copyright interest in the material submitted. Entries will be returned to the contestant if the request is made.
8. All entries must be submitted by close of business Friday, February 12, 2016 to YN1 Fuimaono or YN2 Robinson in BLDG 101, 3rd floor admin office.
9. Judging will take place on Tuesday the 16th February.
10. All decisions of the judges interpreting the rules and/or selecting the winners shall be final.
9. Judges will be consisted of members of NDW’s Special Observance Committee.
11. Participants are limited to one entry.
12. Winners will be announced at the Black History Observance on (Date 17th FEB)
*Participants may register for the contest by e-mailing YN2 Robinson at email@example.com or LN1 Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you would like to register as an individual or as a team/department.
POC: EMC (SW/AW) CHRISTOPHER JAMES
NDW Regional Alcohol and Drug Control Officer (ADCO)
NDW Drug and Alcohol Program Administrator (DAPA)
Joint Base Anacostia Boling
2770 Enterprise Way SE
Bldg 72, Room 152
Washington DC 20373-5103